vaccine objections include
- There’s the fear of toxic substances in vaccines
- “big pharma” conspiracy to sell these drugs to as many people as possible.
- A child’s immune system could be overwhelmed by too many vaccines at too young an age.
- fear of autism, a belief born from a study by British doctor Andrew Wakefield that said the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine causes the developmental disorder.
- Younger children are frequently exempted for moral, conscientious and philosophical reasons.
- adverse effects more likely in people of African descent.
Anti-vaxxers come from a wide spectrum of income and education backgrounds. In 2015, polling firm Mainstreet Research found that 39% of Canadian anti-vaxxers earned more than $100,000, 38% had a university degree and 60% per cent had attended college. Two thirds were excused for health reasons, 20% for religious reasons.